Commitment to Excellence (C2EX)
Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) from the National Association of REALTORS® empowers REALTORS® to evaluate, enhance and showcase their highest levels of professionalism. It’s not a course, class or designation—it’s an Endorsement that REALTORS® can promote when serving clients and other REALTORS®.
The Commitment to Excellence Program will develop and enhance eleven competencies that indicate a REALTOR®’s commitment to ethics, advocacy, technology, data privacy, and outstanding customer service. These REALTOR® C2EX Competencies will include the following:
- Being current and knowledgeable about the laws, regulations and legislation affecting the real estate disciplines the REALTOR® engages in, and about real estate in their community generally.
- Understanding the Code of Ethics is a living document, and keeping themselves informed about its duties and obligations on an ongoing basis.
- Providing equal professional services to all consistent with Article 10 of the Code of Ethics.
- Advocating for property ownership rights in their community, state and nation.
- Acknowledging and valuing that honesty and integrity are fundamental and essential to REALTORS® being known as consumers’ trusted advisors.
- Becoming and remaining proficient in the use of technology tools to provide the highest levels of service to clients, customers and the public, and facilitating cooperation by sharing accurate, current information with consumers and with other real estate professionals.
- Keeping up-to-date on laws and regulations governing data privacy and data security, and taking necessary and appropriate steps to safeguard the privacy and integrity of information entrusted to them.
- Committing themselves to enhancing their knowledge and skills in the real estate areas of practice they engage in on an ongoing basis.
- Providing superior customer service.
- Appreciating that courtesy, timely communication and cooperation are fundamental to facilitating successful real estate transactions, and to building and maintaining an impeccable professional reputation.
- As a broker-owner or principal of a real estate company, being committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promotes excellent customer service consistent with these standards.
At Home with Diversity® (AHWD)
REALTORS® know the importance of adapting and remaining relevant in today’s marketplace. By developing a business practice rooted in inclusion and equality, REALTORS® can help buyers of all cultural backgrounds achieve the dream of homeownership. At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) is an NAR certification program designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. Since 1998, the At Home With Diversity® program has prepared over 20,000 REALTORS® to work effectively with and within today’s increasingly diverse pool of homebuyers.The At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) certification course covers how to work effectively with diverse populations so that you can build business success in today’s multicultural real estate market.
Military Relocation Professional (MRP)
The Military Relocation Professional (MRP) certification is for real estate professionals who want to work with current and former military service members. The MRP certification program educates REALTORS® about working with U.S. service members and their families and veterans to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and to take full advantage of available benefits and support.REALTORS® learn how to provide the real estate services—at any stage in the service member’s military career.
- Understanding of the processes and procedures involved in a military relocation and how these impact service members’ relocation and housing choices
- Ability to provide information to help members through a rent or buy, sell or rent decision-making process
- Ability to identify and provide services that help service members sell or find and purchase suitable homes
- The knowledge of the military relocation process you need to guide service members through the real estate transaction
- Ability to explain the basics of VA financing
Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE)
The Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE) certification is for real estate professionals who want to sharpen their negotiation skills. The RENE certification program gives REALTORS® the tips and tools they need to be skillful advocates for their clients.
Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR®)
The Short Sales and Foreclosures course is specifically designed to show how you, the real estate professional, can serve as a resource for sellers and buyers in the brokerage of distressed properties.
- Distressed properties and how events like the 2008 housing crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted distressed buyers
- The buyer’s agent role with short sale and REO transactions
- Short sales from contract to closing
- Topics and trends in short sales and foreclosures, and adapting your business to respond to these trends